wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My depression won’t go away Was on Duloxetine 60mg for 6

Hi my depression won’t go away
Was on Duloxetine 60mg for 6 weeks
No difference in mood
I’m 45
Can I take 5htp on top
Or can you recommend

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Male/Female?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No female

Have you consulted with a Doctor for this? If so, what is this doctors specialty?

Has this happened before in your life?

Is anything going on that may be exacerbating/causing the depression?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Well im 45 could be linked to menopause or my mum dying 3 years ago .. I had depression 10 years ago what would you do can it still work at 6 weeks
Could I take some 5htp or rhdioloa to boost mood

If the Duloxetine has not worked by now you will probably need a second type of antidepressant or a different one.
I'm not sure if adding 5HT will do much to improve things at this point.

I would talk to your MD to see if she would be willing to switch your medications around.

You might also want to look into getting some talk therapy help from a PhD level person.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What antidepressant do you think is good for mood

Zoloft (sertraline) is very good and is used by millions worldwide with excellent results.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thanks so much