How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Caring doc Your Own Question
Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2631
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Caring doc is online now

I am an active person for my work but the last two weeks I

This answer was rated:

I am an active person for my work but the last two weeks I have found myself short of breath easy and getting some numbness in my face and arms this only last a short period,
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: It started about a week and a half ago but has been getting worse as time has gone on, I have just returned from a trip to Majorca two weeks ago and has been getting worse since then, I didn't fall ill or anything while there, I have no other skin conditions
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think I'm normally quite active with my job but the last two weeks have found myself short of breath easy
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today. Can you tell me your age?Do you smoke?any history of heart disease in the famity?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am 42 in 16 days I use to smoke full time but I only have maybe 2 cigarettes a day now if any at all, my father had heart issues and had several heart attacks
Ok.thanks alot for the information..there can be many causes of shortness of breath, but in your case with history of heart disease in family and smoking history, I am strongly suspecting the possibility of ischemic heart disease. I would suggest to see your physician and get your evaluation done for heart and lungs to see if there is any thing wrong.The primary care me refer you to the cardiologist depending upon his findings. Meanwhile if you feel any worsening of your breathing, or you feel chest tightness, pain or shortness of breath even on rest,seek immediate medical help and go to ER room.I hope it helps.
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK THE STARS on the top of your screen to rate me.
This is the only way I get compensated.
I appreciate it.
Caring doc and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you