Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S,
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

Had Antral gastric erosions diagnosed after endoscopy 2

Had Antral gastric erosions diagnosed after endoscopy 2 years ago .Treated with Omeprazole and symptoms resolved.For the past couple of months pain and constant nausea has returned and appetite has reduced.Increased dose from 20 to 40mg but this has not helped
Hello.
I am Dr VazSV.
I am here to help you.

May I know your age and gender please

Any weight loss?

Any blood in vomiting?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
59 year old female.I haven’t lost weight recently, but before they were diagnosed and treated 2 years ago I lost 10kgs and don’t want this to happen again.Not vomiting any blood .Cant drink even the smallest amount of alcohol as it causes severe pain and just don’t feel like eating as that often causes pain
I think the problem is recurring and an endoscopy would be definitely warranted to rule out gastric ulcers as it causes pain on eating...

I would suggest you to take pantoprazole or rabeprazole along with domperidone for a period of atleast 2 weeks to treat the symptoms...you can also take sucralfate suspension or tablets during severe pain.. please discuss with your physician regarding this and get prescribed...

Please fix up an appointment with your gastroenterologist and plan for an endoscopy.

Refrain from alcohol and spicy foods until then.

Take meals on time..cold milk is helpful.drink lot of water.. avoid starving and late night eating.
I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge.

I would be glad to clarify any further doubts.

Kind regards-Dr VazSV
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I sincerely hope that I have helped you in getting your doubt cleared.

I wish you a good recovery and a sound health always.

May I remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (and help me get credited for my professional efforts and time).

A bonus is highly appreciated with thanks.

We can simply continue here until you are satisfied. Please click the reply box to continue.

Kindest regards-Dr VazSV
Thank you very much for giving me a good rating.

I am happy that my answer was helpful.

Take care.

Kind regards-Dr VazSV