Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Just once a few days ago I had bleeding when I passed stool

Just once a few days ago I had bleeding when I passed stool the blood was in the toilet and on toilet paper
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: for the last two weeks Iv had nausea and headache on one day I had nausea and headache very bad I thought it was menstrual
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I sometimes suffer from heart burn and lately I feel there’s a lot of gas from bottom

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today.

What is your age?

Did you have pain in the anal verge during the bleeding episode?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
last week I remember going to the toilet it was very painful the very next day I had very bad nausea and headache. Then never thought anything of it until 2 days ago I went to the toilet and there was blood in the toilet on my stools and on the paper.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since then it hasn’t happened again but it’s painful when I goto the toilet. Sorry I can’t call my husband is sleeping and I don’t want to worry him. His sister died young from cancer and my best friend died from bowel cancer at age 39
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have nausea and slight headache now too

Alright, thank you.

This sounds like an acute anal fissure, which is a tear in the mucosa and skin of the anal verge. This presents with tearing or sharp pain in the anal verge and fresh red blood coming from the area of the tear. It is a very common occurrence and can happen after a bout of diarrhea, forceful wiping, constipation or passage of hard stool. The fissure heals within 2 weeks without intervention. But sometimes, it can turn into a chronic anal fissure which is not painful but can still bleed every so often.

I will suggest that you start on Sitz baths in lukewarm water thrice a day, each session lasting for 10 to 15 minutes. Sitz baths can also be used an alternative to dry wiping the anal area after passage of stool. You should start on an anti-inflammatory for the pain and inflammation, something like Advil 400mg thrice a day will be useful.

Stay on a high fiber diet and drink a lot of water to keep the stool soft and bulky.

I will also suggest that you schedule an appointment with your GP for an examination and confirmation of the diagnosis.

Prescription Lidocaine and GTN cream can speed up healing in anal fissures.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will try and get an appt too.

Glad I could help.

Take good care and please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the 5-stars.

Best wishes.