Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Why are my hands going Wrinkling and getting sore after

Why are my hands going Wrinkling and getting sore after being in water for a short period of time.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My hands (palms, fingers, back of hand) go very wrinkled and painful when in contact with water. I’m not talking about immersing them in the bath for a long time. I mean even if rain gets on them.

I tried calling you.

But it was not attended,

Please let me know in how many hours from should I call you back please.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...I understand your concern.

This happens when the turgidity of the fluid comes out when you immerse hands for longer time in water. This is completely physiological and nothing to worry about at all.

The watr will come out due to excess salt content in the water outside and hence the skin appears tohave some wrinkles.

This is a normal phenomenon and nothing to worry about.

This is not a disease process please.

Be rest assured.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani