Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been given procholorperazine for fecurring vertigo

I have been given procholorperazine for fecurring vertigo even though I have not been sick.. what is the best medication for vertigo.
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: A week ago but I. Have not taken it. Been taking betahistine which usually clears vertigo but it is not helping this time. Had to cancel cataract procedure today- vertigo so bad
JA: Have you seen a doctor about vertigo?
Customer: Yes that was why the prochlolorperazine was prescribed even though I told doc I had nor been sick. This tablet has got terrible reviews
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have glaucoma , high blood pressure and under active thyroid. I also take aero at as I was agoraphobic for many years

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
I've had good results for my patients with vertigo with meclizine so you should ask your doctor for that

Please let me know if you need any more information