How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 14347
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Medical Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I have a allergy which has been anaphylactic a handful of

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have a nut allergy which has been anaphylactic a handful of times in my life. I am now trying to obtain my class one medical to be a pilot and I need an immunologist to assess the severity of the reactions for the CAA doctor but I am having trouble doing this privately. Do you know what test I should be looking for and is immunotherapy available for but allergy
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Seen my GP and a London CAA clinic
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

When was you last allergic reaction?

What does the pilot license board want?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Last reaction was 17/06/2016.
The CAA doctor asked for GP notes which I have obtained. And an immunologist report this is where I am struggling.
Even looking at private practices I don’t know what test would prove the reactions are less now than then.
Do you have any advise?

The only thing you can do is find out exactly what the pilot board is looking for in the way of a medical opinion.

Once you know what they need you can then, if necessary, consult with a private immunologist (make sure to supply your complete medical records for the consultants review) for an answer to the Boards questions.

The immunologist will know what, if any, tests would be required to answer the Boards inquiry.

Will this be a quick process?

Nope :-(

I wish you the very best.

As a side my best friend from the 8th grade grew up to become a Captain with American Airlines and flew for them for almost 4 decades, finishing up driving 777's back and forth over the Atlantic......

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.


Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your help today, I am going for my Helicopter license to fly offshore in the North Sea. Hopefully your advice has got me a step closer. Thank you