Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I would like to know at what level your blood glucose will

Hello, I would like to know at what level your blood glucose will reach before taking insulin,
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Very good except from a bad diet like eating dates that raise my bmi
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.The time to start the insulin therapy depends upon the response to first line treatment for type 2 diabetes mellitus. The first line treatment is diet and lifestyle modifications plus oral hypoglycemic medications like glucophage.If your blood sugar is not controlled on these medications, which is monitored by measuring HbA1C levels regularly.If your levels of HbA1c are 6.5 or less,you are on the right track and the blood sugar is well controlled on medicationsand diet. But if your HBA1C is more than 6.5,this means that your diabetes is not controlled on your medications and it is the time to start Insulin.So it is not the particular level, it is actually the failure of oral drugs.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thanks. But my glucose was not that bad the previous 2 years like 7.1 and 7.4 now that is noticed 10 without any investigations they administrating the taking of insulin
Are these HBA1C levels??were you taking oral drugs for diabetes?
If they are the HBA1C levels while you were on the oral medicines for diabetes, this is an indication for insulin therapy.They are too high!
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yeah. Gliclazide, sitagliptin and metformin
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I hope i could pay less than that
Please ignore the messages .They are automated messages from the system.
So yes these levels show that your blood sugar was poorly controlled on oral medications.These levels actually show the poor controll over the last 3 months.This is an indication to switch over to insulin.!
I hope it helps!
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have!
If you are satisfied please CLICK THE STARS on the top of your screen to rate me.
This is the only way I get compensated.
I appreciate it!
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is there any other way can one reduce the glucose level at this point
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Send me the star to rate your answers
At this point,you still need to control your diet,do regular exercise, but you need Insulin to bring this much sugar down,otherwise it will damage your heart,kidney,eyes and brain!
Stars are on the top of your screen.
You can rate by CLICKING THE STARS on the top of your screen!
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I take regular exercise 5 to 6 times a week, eating a lot of vegetables.
I wish you best of health...!