DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have been struggling with breathing and neck pains for a

Hi, I have been struggling with breathing and neck pains for a while and I am waiting on an appoiintment at the hospital for it, however today I have coughed up a little blood. I have also been having stomach pains as well. Any advice on what I should do?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the stomach pains? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: had the pains for a couple of weeks, I was admitted to a&e after waking up throwing up maybe 3-4 weeks ago. Only medication I take is Sertraline for my mental health.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about vomiting?
Customer: I did at the time but but have not since no, and the blood part is a new thing as of today
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: not that i can think of

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

How old are you?

Do you smoke?

Any weight loss?

Any family history of cancer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I am 29, I do smoke but only when im out and about which is not much given my poor mental health. No weight loss as far as I can see. My grandmother had womb cancer.

Thanks for the details

Blood in sputum is something which can never be taken lightly

You need to get an X-Ray chest done

This has to be done at the earliest

Considering your symptoms of breathlessness and blood in sputum I won,t mind getting the X-ray through an A&E

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sounds odd to say but, I have noticed a tonal change in my burps of all things, not so much the voice. Not sure if that would be linked with anything.

No that is not linked with blood in cough

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also how would the A&E X-ray get sorted online, would that be at my local hospital? As I said initially I have been referred to the hospitals nose/ear/throat department but that appointments in December. My doctor referred me as I am struggling to breath out of one nostril, he looked up there and its far smaller gap in one of them, he thought it could be a pollup but was not certain.

Yes you have to go to your local hospital and tell them that you have blood in sputum

Are you with me?

Anything else you need help with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, I was away from keys to get a drink. I do also consume quite a bit of alcohol on occassion so I am concerned that there could be an ulcer or something with in my stomach, since i get stomach pains on top of all the other stuff.

Yes that could be a possibility as well although in that case the blood will be in the vomitus not the sputum

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, so I shall go to A&E as soon as I can, Will there be any issue for me getting an X-ray just walking in randomly? Obviously after ive explained symptoms and such, its quite a distance to walk and I don't want to waste my time walking all that way for nothing.

In my opinion you do need an evaluation as this can be a serious issue

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, well thank you for your help.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service