DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Assistant: How can I help? i hurt my knee earlier today and

hello?
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i hurt my knee earlier today and was wondering if i could get some advise as to whether i need to go to hospital/doctor about it
Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: i think i hyperextended it. i had my foot planted and a sheep jumped into it and i felt a pop and i just crumbled to the ground. i can’t put weight on it when it’s straightened out as it feels like it’s going bend the wrong way or something! not too much swelling, i’ve been wearing compression leggings all day
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a Consultant Rheumatologist and I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Is there any swelling in the knee ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
some yes and some bruising, i’ve been wearing compression leggings to try to stop the swelling
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my lower leg has had a tingly feeling in it since it happened also

Thanks for the detail

It can be an injury to soft tissue structure around knee joint like ligament or menisci

You should start taking an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen in addition to the compression

If in a day or so you don,t feel any improvement then you will need to see the doctor for examination and further investigations like an MRI and X-ray

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service