Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I take bupropion and it hasn’t done enough for my anxiety

I take bupropion and it hasn’t done enough for my anxiety and OCD. Doctor prescribed me 30mg of clomipramine but I’ve read it has sexual side effects such as delayed orgasm and weight gain. The reason I went onto bupropion from Ssri’s was to prevent these side effects. Do you believe 30mg will effect me in this way or being a low dose ok? Do you have advice or experience on this? Thank you
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: N/a
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Body dispmorphia, anxiety and depression

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
The 30 mg of clomipramine in my experience won't give you any sexual side effects or weight gaint

But I might also consider Viibryd--I haven't found that to cause similar problems

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’ve read so many horror stories and I just don’t want to experience those two side effects

You won't