Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My 12 year old daughter has really sore throat, would she

My 12 year old daughter has really sore throat , would she have a temp if it was tonsillitis
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Had sore throat for 2 days but doesn’t seem hot at all
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank u

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Sore throat without a fever indicates a viral infection. In tonsillitis, there should be fever and that too more than 101. I would suggest you give her Tylenol thrice daily for 3 to 5 days and she is going to be alright as these infections are self-limiting. She will only need doctors to visit, if she develops a fever more than 101. I reassure you that there is nothing serious and she is going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would that temp be 40

It would be 38.3 C

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh ok thank u , but nothing to worry about with no temp

You are most welcome. Yes, there is nothing to worry for sure. I reassure you and give you my words for that. My best wishes and prayers will be following her for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards