DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I would like some clarification un regards of pregnancy

Hi, I would like some clarification un regards ***** ***** issues
Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am 16+3 weeks pregnant, PMH sciaticca, and pregnancy related hypertension

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What exactly is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've had slight bleeding this morning then spotting all day and getting quiet bad abdominal cramps. Is it normal to have bleeding at 16 weeks of pregnancy?
When I had my last scan they said my placenta is a bit covering the cervix can that cause the bleeding?

Thanks for the details

This is definitely not a usual thing

You need to see the doctor as I am concerned about the possibility of a miscarriage

Positioning of placenta can be the cause of bleeding but my first concern will be to rule out miscarriage

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have attended A&E this morning after noticing the bleeding but they have not done nothing much, said is normal the bleeding/spotting, that is whyI am so stressed trying to find a solution to be seen by someone.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for you response.

Then you should take strict bed rest and then you can make an appointment with your gynecologist for evaluation if bleeding persist

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No more questions, thank you.