the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I am really scared my doctor said I have degenerative disc

Hi, I am really scared my doctor said I have degenerative disc desease but I have tachycardia aswell I think I might have something else more serious like multiple sclerosis. What do I have to do? I can't live with this in my mind
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven't. Few days ago I had palpitations 170min for 3 hours I couldn't do anything and was breathing with difficulties. I am 28 years old.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have quiet a lot different sumptoms but not every day is like coming for maybe a few hours or few days or maybe weeks and after just dissapear again for quiet long time.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

do you still need help on this?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, yes I still need help.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No, I don't want to switch to a live phone call.

did they do a brain MRI?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No

that would be the test to rule out MS for sure

it doesn't sound like it though

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Can I tell you some symptoms so you can tell me your opinion? Is the MRI the same with the brain MRI or different? I am sorry but my English are not very good.

usually MS presents with dizziness, weakness or vision trouble

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I feel weakness on my body and numbness. I am using the toilet extremelly often during the day and night aswell. And sometimes I can't even get off my bed I feel that I can't control my hands,my legs. I feel this numbness back of my head aswell my neck.

you might need a brain MRI then

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I need to see nueurologist am I right? Could you answer me if MRI is the same or different with the brain MRI that you told me? Any other test that can help me to find out what is going on? Those very extremely painful symptoms are almost 3 years now coming and after they just dissapear no pain after the symptoms just I feel very tired with no reason

yes you do

the brain MRI is totally different

an EMG might help

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What is the EMG? Could you please tell me a bit more because I am really worried and I feel like noone understand what I am going through. Any blood tests that I can do?

to me it seems like you had a lot of tests and MS is unlikely

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry what do you mean with that? You think it might be MS?Are you a neurologist?

I'm an internist

well trained to handle this question

I mean you have seen doctors and had it worked up

and you have an explanation for symptoms

so I doubt MS

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok I hope it's not MS too. Anyway can I still ask for brain MRI just to be sure is nothing to worry about? Do I need to be seen by a neurologist for that?

yes you can

I wouldn't see a neuro

just ask your PCP for an MRI

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thank you!

welcome :)