wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a painless and sometimes itchy sore on my vagina. I

I have a painless and sometimes itchy sore on my vagina. I have used canesten and there’s been no changes it’s a single sore. What is it pls?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: 2 weeks now. Nothing makes it better, the pharmacy did give me clotrimazole and canesten tablets and cream and they don’t seem to make the sore go away
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: All my last tests came back clean as I get tested every 3-6 months and get my partner tested as well
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Here is a photo of the sore

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello DR Rick

I'd have that looked at by an MD in person....and get tested again.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m not quite sure what u mean
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I only want to know what u think the sore is pls
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Well okay I’ll get tested again
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
But at first glance what do U think it is?

can you upload a close up picture of the lesion?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Here’s a picture
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello I have a lesion that won’t
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Heal
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Here is the picture
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have tried over the counter thrush creams and tablets and it hasn’t gotten better

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you....I'm oncall this weekend and spent most of yesterday in the OR :(

Thank you for that clear picture.

It is, unfortunately, impossible to tell exactly what is going on from the picture alone.

I suggest you consult with your OB/GYN. After a good exam she may want to do a culture and, possibly, a biopsy.

Once these data are back an effective treatment plan can be started.

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick MD FACS