How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Anil Kumar Your Own Question
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 13033
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Anil Kumar is online now

It’s because I’m on my period for a month and it’s really

This answer was rated:

Hi good morning it’s because I’m on my period for a month and it’s really heavy now
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain just uncomfortable my period normally are 28-30 days but since a month my period not stopped and it’s really heavy
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Allergic to penyssiline

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Associated dizziness, headache?

Pain abdomen?

Are you taking any medications?

Associated blood clots?

Waiting for your response.


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My age is 29
Headache i was taking desogestrel pill but I stopped because I left them in Portugal in August and period is heavy with lotS of blood clots

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.


Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, It sounds Menorrhagia.

And it can be caused due to hormonal imbalance, Uterine Fibroids, Polyps, Pelvic inflammatory disease, Endometriosis, Endometrial hyperplasia.

As you are passing clots with heavy bleeding so it should be stopped further with prompt management to prevent complications like dehydration, anemia, confusion, low blood pressure, and fainting.

I would recommend not to consider a wait and watch approach and see your doctor if bleeding is heavy. The rule of thumb is if you are going through a pad in less than an hour or the clots are larger than a quarter, you need to be seen right away.

A doctor may prescribe Tranexamic acid to prevent further heavy bleeding.

Ultrasound can be done along with CBC.

You should hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids and Gatorade.

Take OTC Motrin to reduce bleeding.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
So I need to go to the hospital?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because the gp is closed
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have done once a ultrasound and they found I had a fibroids on the left side

Yes, you need to go to the hospital.

Prompt management should be considered to stop bleeding.


Dr Anil Kumar and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you