the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

Following a dental treatment i have developed some strange

Hi there, following a dental treatment i have developed some strange symptoms in my face. Such as tingling in my upper jaw and visual disturbance with some lightheadedness. I had a brace put in my mouth which expanded the jaw but i stopped the treatment early. When i removed the device i started to get giddiness on the same day, now whenever i place the tongue on the roof of my mouth or (against my left upper arch) i get tingling sensations and my left eye feels strange. I feel confused with a lot of visual sensory information. What might be happening? Ive had no prior symptoms of this in my life. I recently had an mri scan which was normal.
Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: I checked eyes this week and everything was normal. But im getting tingling sensations in my face when i place tongue anywhere near upper arch.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing. I feel a bit spaced out at the moment. I sometimes feel mild pain at back of eyes but that might not be related.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Another thing, i feel like my left side of my head feels lighter than the right. My neck muscles on the left feel more mobile than they used to feel.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi there yes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You can just type on here if call is inconvenient

did they inject any medicine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No nothing was injected
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was just a treatment for arch expansion where a wire brace was put behind my teeth. When i took it out is when symptoms started

I suspect one of your facial or oral nerves was damaged

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What would i need to do, does it heal itseld
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Itself

I think it will heal itself

yes

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its been ongoing symptoms for a month now. Is there anything else i need to do?

you might consider seeing a neurologist at this point

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What could it possibly be?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
And if there is nerve damage would it heal over time
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im just worried

I think it is nerve damage

but nerves can take years to heal

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would there be any other treatment for this?