DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My Father was prescribed Doxycycline 100mg today. My brain

My Father was prescribed Doxycycline 100mg today. My brain forgot to inform the Doctor that my father is taking loperamide 2mg QDS. All his other medication was ok.
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Not allergic to any meds, takes- amlodipine 5mg, carbocisteine 375mg, phyllcontin 225mg,
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Perindopril 2mg, apixaban 2,5mg, gabapentin 100mg, omeprazole 20mg, paracetamol 500mg, dividing 62,5mg

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There is no harm in taking Loperamide and Doxycycline together as there are no reported drug interactions

So he can take it without any problem Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, Brian

You are welcome Brian

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your quick response, regards Brian

You are welcome