How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5115
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

My sugar levels are high and have been advised to decrease

This answer was rated:

My sugar levels are high and have been advised to decrease eating sugar products. Can you recommend what I can have dessert as I’m used to eating a bar of chocolate?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. If you are diabetic, and your sugar levels are high, you cannot eat dessert or candy. I would suggest not eating dessert at all or having a sugar free alternative. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please reply with any questions you may have. Thank you for coming to Just Answer for help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. Can you advise me on the sugar free alternatives please ?
If you really want to eat a dessert, there are many many options labeled “sugar free” or “diabetic “.
Dr. K. and 7 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.