Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I thought I had cystitis on Friday, started some treatment

I thought I had cystitis on Friday, started some treatment from Sainsbury’s of cystitis relief, and just now I’ve wee’d a lot of blood and it’s still coming out of my vagina; it’s not pouring out but when I wipe there is a significant amount
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Generally fit and healthy. Come down in a cold over the weekend
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I’m on sertraline 50mg im only 21
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
And I had my period a couple weeks ago so it’s not that

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Are you passing blood through your vagina or passing it with your urine?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Both. When I wee it comes out but when I wipe my vagina pure blood is there

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
This was just now

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There are two possibilities. Either you are having a urinary tract infection or stone or you are having vaginal bleeding. Urinary tract infections or stones can cause bleeding but your bleeding from the picture seems to be vaginal. The vaginal bleeding can be your period as one can have period irregularities due to things like hormonal imbalance, stress, etc. I do understand that you had your period recently but still it can recur. Sometimes a vaginal infection can do so. It is sometimes difficult to differentiate between vaginal and urinary bleeding. I would suggest that you should go to the A & E now or in the morning to get your urine tested and get examined. If urine comes out to be clear then it will be just vaginal bleeding and your doctor might ask you to wait till it stops. However, I can reassure you one thing that anything serious can't be behind this sudden occurrence of symptoms. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 2 day ago.

You are most welcome dear. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
If I feel lightheaded, is that coz of the bleeding or the cold

It is because of the bleeding. You should drink plenty of water and other fluids and it will settle soon.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Okay. Thank you

Most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Regards