Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I want some advice about postpartum bleeding Assistant: Have

Customer Question

Hi I want some advice about postpartum bleeding
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No been trying the local midwife team for advice but no answer. No medications for this but am on levothyroxine
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Levothyroxine. Allergic to amoxicillin
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had gestational diabetes
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Bleeding had stopped and turned brown day 10 but now day 12 after birth and it has started again back to same heaviness as couple of days after birth, bright red and have passed a couple of clots this morning also. Is it normal to start again after stopping?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 11 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Bleeding after having a baby will be on and off and not predictable for about 6 weeks. It generally will not stop completely on day 10. The bleeding you are now having is more likely related to starting birth control and should pass fairly quickly. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please reply with any questions you may have. Thank you for coming to Just Answer for help.