neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

Can all spinal surgeons perform SI fuseing and other SI

can all spinal surgeons perform SI fuseing and other SI treatments or is it specialist to Si experts ?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Have you discussed the treatments with a doctor?
Customer: I have been treated for 4 years for severe back pain following an operation that went wrong. An osteopath has found the problem . I have been told by (a very expensive surgeon) that he did not find the problem because it does not show on MRI or CT scans so he ignores it. But will send me to some other (expensive) surgeon. Is this normal ?
JA: When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: I aam going all the time for 4 years now. Inc. neurology. psycology, aortic, they all missed it. Yet the symptoms I give relate directly to the SI.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: This pain occurred during a major op. fitting a stent into the aorta when a power failure ( back up failed) caused the guide track to badly damage a kidney causing serious trauma. Its a long story but I find it very difficult to walk past 100 meters.
Hello-

Any spine surgeon can do the si joint fusion surgery.

It is relatively straightforward.

However, this is a procedure that surgeons generally have to want to learn, and I would guess that more than half of surgeons don’t do this kind of procedure - because they don’t believe it works, because they have no interest in the procedure, because they did not learn the procedure during their training.
So you will find some surgeons do a majority of the si joint surgeries.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your welcome advice. I am very surprised and upset at how I was pushed into accepting legal assistance without my asking.

You're welcome, best of luck to you.