Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I was tested for sleep apnoea a few years back and they

Customer Question

I was tested for sleep apnoea a few years back and they decided that I didn't really have it but did have restless legs, but I didn't believe it and still wake up tired.
I just bought a commercial blood oxy meter to prove it for my self. Overnight it says I have between 1 and 8 drops per hour over the month I have used it. I believe this is really low and shows the most I have is really mild sleep apnoea.
However I see quite a few periods where my oxy level is around 91-92% for between 10 mins up to an hour. I also see 1 or two periods per night where it drops 2 85% for a minute.
Is this enough to go back to my GP with, given that my oxy meter is a commercial one
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Thats not that abnormal as your pulse ox only went to 85% for less than a minute. The does does indicate that you need further testing for sleep apnea.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can I just clarify your last line as you said the word does twice
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
The test indicates that you need further testing