Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I just have a question about babies movements. I’m pregnant

Customer Question

Hi I just have a question about babies movements. I’m pregnant with my third baby, I have felt very little movement. I’m 19 weeks pregnant. Should I be concerned about this. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

I would like to ask few details regarding your symptoms/question to assist you more efficiently.

When did you start to feel baby movements during this pregnancy?

Are these movements same as they were in the beginning or getting less?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Movements started perhaps 1 week ago, I had a scan last week & all is well. The movements are more apparent when I’m sitting down and definitely haven’t got any less but I know in my 2nd pregnancy I had more movement at this stage.

There is no fixed number of baby movements at this stage of pregnancy. The most important thing is to be aware is the pattern of your baby movements. If the movements are becoming less frequent or weak than usual, it should be a matter of concern and your baby needs to be examined.

Each pregnancy can be different from the previous, and so is the baby.

You already had a recent scan, which was normal, and there is no change in movements pattern. I don't think there is any need to worry.

Just watchfully monitor it for another few days, and in case you are not comfortable, just call your maternity unit straight away.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health; and the baby as well.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question. Bonus Always helpful.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.