Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Penicillin allergy. doctor, my mother has experienced severe

Customer Question

Penicillin allergy.Hi there doctor, my mother has experienced severe hives developing around her hands, feet, back, buttocks, chest and a swollen face. She went into the ED yesterday with just itchy hives around the arms and they prescribed her some antihistamines. However; it has gotten a lot worse. She is 52 years of age and would require urgent advice, what should she do?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. While we would love to be able to help you online, this is not a forum for urgent advice. Its great for questions and answered about medical issues. Urgent care should be done at your emergency room in person. Maybe you can help her get there. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please reply with any questions you may have. Thank you for coming to Just Answer for help.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Penicillin allergy.

Hi there doctor, my mother has experienced severe hives developing around her hands, feet, back, buttocks, chest and a swollen face. She went into the ED yesterday with just itchy hives around the arms and they prescribed her some antihistamines. However; it has gotten a lotworse. She is 52 years of age and would require urgent advice, what should she do?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
You have just copied your question. Please see my answer above