DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

Ears sore on and off and click every so often 7 weeks after

Ears sore on and off and click every so often 7 weeks after 1 hour flight where I had a cold before flight with stuffy nose. On this flight my ears sort of popped or something and then I went hard of hearing and could hear like the sound of helicopters for remainder of flight. The same thing on the flight the next day. And it took about a week after I returned home for hearing to return to normal level

Hi, thanks, am reading your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Seems your inner opening of eustachian tubes is blocked for which gargle throat repeatedly with warm salt water. May use on same side nasal decongestant drops or spray 3-4 times a day. If not relieved, may need to see ENT doctor who may cannulate your inner tube with plastic catheter to relieve vacuum in middle ear.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks. I am going on a long haul flight in 2 weeks would I need to get this done before then?

You are welcome. No need for urgent care but chew on a gum constantly during flight.