Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I lost hearing in my right ear 4 days ago and now each night

Customer Question

I lost hearing in my right ear 4 days ago and now each night have a discharge from that ear. I cannot get a doctors appointment for 3 weeks, is there anything I can do or use?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the discharge? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: There has been a discharge for the last 3 nights and no I have not used any medication
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the discharge?
Customer: No, I cannot get an appointment for at least two weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I take tablets for high blood preswsure
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 days ago.

It sounds like an infection and you should seek urgent care, go to walk-in clinic, urgent care or ER for thorough examination and antibiotics. Meanwhile take Ibuprofen and OTC antibiotic ear drops.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 days ago.

Please let me know if you have a followup questions.