Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Suffering from gender dysphasia, have been down for many

Customer Question

Suffering from gender dysphasia, have been down for many years now struggling with male. Knowing that genders not right from early age, I’m in my 40s now wanting to make my life better and happier
JA: The Psychologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Have you spoken to a mental health professional about this?
Customer: Yes had a letter that given to doctors saying that I’m in conflict with my gender
JA: How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: Sleep not all that well depression angry/anxiety
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Not what can think of
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is there anyway I could start hormone treatment/ surgery
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Anyone there still waiting for response over half hour now
Expert:  Dr. David replied 16 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 16 days ago.

are you born male?

do you have a GP doctor

you need to firs talk to your GP doctor

the UK NHS does help treat patients who have gender dysphoria

with endocrine therapy and psychotherapy and surgery

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yes born male, had been given a letter to give to doctor while ago but nothing came from it. Was stated that I was having issues with gender. I
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Maybe another letter maybe in order about my gender issue. The letter did state I would like transition hormones/ surgery
Expert:  Dr. David replied 16 days ago.

you need to ask your GP doctor to refer you to a gender identity clinic

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/how-to-find-an-nhs-gender-identity-clinic/

Gender identity clinics in London and the southeast

The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust: Gender Identity Clinic for Adults

179-183 Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8QZ

Telephone: 020 8938 7590

The GIC website has an overview of information useful for anyone with gender identity needs, not just those in the area.

The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS) for children and young people

GIDS, The Tavistock Centre, 120 Belsize Lane, London NW3 5BA

Telephone: 020 8938 2030

Email: [email protected]

The Gender Identity Development Service website includes information about the services they offer children and young people (up to the age of 18), who are experiencing difficulties in the development of their gender identity, and their families.

Gender identity clinics in the north

Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust Gender Identity Service

Porterbrook Clinic, Michael Carlisle Centre, Nether Edge Hospital, 75 Osborne Road, Sheffield S11 9BF

Telephone: 0114 271 6671

The Sheffield Gender Identity Services website includes information about referrals, clinic opening hours, and links to eligibility criteria and the Porterbrook Clinic.

Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Gender Identity Service

Management Suite, 1st floor, The Newsam Centre, Seacroft Hospital, York Road, Leeds LS14 6WB

Telephone: 0113 855 6346

The Leeds clinic's website covers referrals and commonly used medications.

Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust Northern Region Gender Dysphoria Service

Benfield House, Walkergate Park, Benfield Road, Newcastle NE6 4PF

Telephone: 0191 287 6130

The Northern Region Gender Dysphoria Service website has a leaflet outlining eligibility and how to access services.

Gender identity clinics in the Midlands

Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Gender Identity Clinic

Danetre Hospital, London Road, Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11 4DY

Telephone: 01327 708147

Email: [email protected]

Visit the Northampton Gender Clinic's website for more information.

Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust The Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health

12 Broad Street, Nottingham NG1 3AL

Telephone: 0115 876 0160

Visit The Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health website for more information.

Gender identity clinics in the southwest

Devon Partnership NHS Trust West of England Specialist Gender Identity Clinic

The Laurels, 11-15 Dix's Field, Exeter EX1 1QA

Telephone: 01392 677077

The Laurels' website has information about the types of services on offer and the help available during transition.