Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I'm sooooo unwell this is day 11 of the worst flu like

I'm sooooo unwell this is day 11 of the worst flu like symptoms. I know have diahreahha and cystitis. I have a bad chest that's constantly hurting and even more when I cough I can hear a crackling sound when I lay down like something's filling up and a cracking chest when I breath in my sleep. My temp is 38 on sat and I'm still burning up! I would rather die I feel that bad.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Yes temp, all the flu symptoms but I've hd the jab 4 wks ago
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have my appendix out in August through key hole

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

I’m sorry to hear this, you do sound really poorly.

Considering this is the 11th day and you are having all these symptoms still including fever, I think it is important for you to have a medical assessment (ideally this evening by calling ‘111’) as I suspect you will need some antibiotics.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks, that's what I though t but the doctors keep telling me no x

That’s unfortunate - I suggest stand your ground, it is correct that the majority of minor illnesses will resolve naturally given enough time, however I don’t believe that this describes your situation and there are some concerning features here (particularly the duration of the feverish symptoms) that warrant thorough review.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That's great thanks for Ur help! I needed to hear that as I knew I needed antibiotics it's not right and I know my own body xx

You’re very welcome, all the best.