neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

My doctor diagnosed me with a frozen shoulder a few weeks

Customer Question

My doctor diagnosed me with a frozen shoulder a few weeks ago as I have been experiencing months of reduced mobility and shoulder and upper arm pain. However I have just found a lump in my upper underarm near my armpit and am worried. My shoulder and arm pain is much worse through the night. It does help if I raise my arm above my head. Can a frozen shoulder cause a lump?
Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Moving my arm backwards is painful and movement is restricted. It’s much more painful in bed at night
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  neurosurg replied 11 days ago.

Hello -

A frozen shoulder isn't going to cause a lump.

This could be just a swollen lymph node in response to an infection/.inflammation in the area.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 11 days ago.

Another reason for the shoulder pain could be rotator cuff issues. Or a "pinched" nerve in the neck, causing shoulder pain. But none of these conditions would cause a lump in the armpit area.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 11 days ago.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!