Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have a strained feeling in my ribs when I lean towards my

Customer Question

I have a strained feeling in my ribs when I lean towards my left side but not generally sitting up or walking, and only when I become tired or on my feet for some time.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There has been no injury to this area or other.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 12 days ago.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Did you have any fever before this started?
3. Did this start after any vigorous or unaccustomed exercise?
4. Do acts like coughing / laughing or deep breathing or movement aggravate the pain?
5. Are you experiencing any tingling and numbness in the region please?
6. Is there any redness or bubble like appearing rash there? If there is can you upload an image?
7. Did you ever have chicken pox in the past?
8. Was there any surgery in the past in that region?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Doctor.
1.I am a male of 61 years.
2. No fever at all.
3. No previous vigorous, unaccustomed excersise.
4. Coughing, laughing or deep beathing do not aggrevate the pain.
5.No tingling or numbness in tge region.
6. No redness or other abnormal colour or otherwise.
7.i have had chickenpox at seven years old.
8. I have never had surgery in that or any eegion of my body.
Thank you for your attention, doctor .Sumanth.
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities here are -

1. Muscular spasm or a pull of the tendon in the region which is caused by the bending or abnormal posture.

My suggestion will be to take tablet Ibuprofen 400 MG three times a day after food or on as and when required basis for a couple of days till the pain subsides.

If you are not better with this even after a week or if the pain is getting aggravated or if your perceiving any redness or swelling or heat over the region then you will require medical attention please.

Your physician might prescribe muscle relaxant which will set things right.

2. Intercostal neuralgia is the other possibility.

But it is unlikely as you have negated the history.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 11 days ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani