Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I contacted earlier but had to recharge my phone. I have a

I contacted earlier but had to recharge my phone. I have a UTI . I had one a out 2 months ago and seemingly it was a Klebsiella UTI. It quickly responded to a six day course but iv'e forgotten which antibiotic a was given. Trying to catch it early so it does not escalate
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I've been a medical secretary for 50 years so I know exactly what my symptoms are. At present I am on Ramipril Bendroflumethiazide Lansolorozol Aspirin and Rosuvaststin and have been on these for approximately 5 years
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing

You would need a urine culture to know the best antibiotic.

The previous antibiotic may now be no more effective as Klebsiella is known to get an early resistance.

The antibiotics usually effective are; ampicillin/sulbactam, piperacillin/tazobactam, ticarcillin/clavulanate, ceftazidime, cefepime, levofloxacin, norfloxacin, moxifloxacin, meropenem, and ertapenem.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time with you.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.