Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had a chest X-ray and bloods taken as after a cold

Customer Question

I have had a chest X-ray and bloods taken as after a cold and infection my chest is clear but the cough is still there. However the big issue is shortness of breath, yesterday I just washed table mats and ended up with shortness of breath and quite a pain u set my right shoulder blade. Should I wait a few days for results or as the shortness, chest heaviness is getting worse go back ? Also my heart rate flies up to over 120 just doing simple tasks
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: The cough is from a nasal drip I am taking antibiotics for. I’ve been on these 12 days. The shortness of breath has been getting worse over last fortnight
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have Ulcerative colitis, take viazem as I had heart spasms years ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 days ago.

Though it can be just post-viral fatigue but if the shortness of breath does not improve in the next 2 to 3 days then see a doctor again and get an examination and echo to rule out any issue related to the heart. Increase fluid intake and take lots of rest meanwhile. Steam inhalation with menthol drops would help.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!