DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I always feel tired even if I sleep 8 hours and the problem

Customer Question

hello there, I always feel tired even if I sleep 8 hours and the problem is that I have my school at 8 then feel very sleepy by 9. I have done many blood test over the past year to check for anything and they couldn't find anything apart from very low anaemia 120 and they said that wouldn't cause tiredness but I am being very sleepy 1 hour after waking up from an 8 hours sleep?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about anemia?
Customer: feeling tire
JA: Have you seen a doctor about anemia?
Customer: feeling tired, sleepy, sometimes can't control it and I take a quick nap in the lesson
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: yes I did and they said that my anaemia is on the border so it wouldn't cause this tiredness and sleepy and they said that there is nothing so I followed a new diet plan and exercises and still I am feeling tired and sleepy after a month f healthy diet plan and exercise 4 days a week
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 15 days ago.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have they done the thyroid function test as well?

How old are you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
19
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
they did and said everything is fine
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
that's what confusing me more and more
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
any other suggestions

Thanks for the details

Your symptoms can be due to Fibromyalgia

You need to start on Gabapentin or Duloxetine

That will help in improving your symptoms

Anemia should be corrected as well with supplements of iron and folate depending upon the type of anemia

But above medicines should be given a trial of 4-6 weeks

Please do let me know if you have any other question