How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ben Your Own Question
Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1249
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ben is online now

I want to ask a question about symtoms, No I haven't, I have

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I want to ask a question about symtoms
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No I haven't, I have paper cut like sores on my vagina which dont seem to heal, I have had a herpes test which came back negative and thrush treatment which hasnt helped and having researched I wonder if it is LS
JA: Have you seen a doctor about thrush?
Customer: Yes, I had thursh oral capsule and cream which has not helped
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I am aware of, it seems to get worse following sexual intercourse (I have been with the same partner for 5 years)

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks

It sounds like you have already appropriately excluded the other common conditions, so I agree that Lichen Sclerosus should now be considered as a strong possibility.

If you are comfortable to upload some photos of the affected area, then I may well be able to confirm this. However, regardless I would still recommend you obtain a review with a Gynaecologist for formal diagnosis and treatment (usually topical steroid cream).

Does this help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is the cut at the top. The ones around the entrance have now healed but they do open up easily as the skin is very thin

Thank you.

There aren’t any conclusive features of LS in this photo. I would recommend obtaining a Gynaecology review (as above) and in the meantime I think you will find Daktacort cream (applies thinly twice daily) helpful:

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** any similarities with herpes in this picture? I am concerned the results were not accurate. Google is making me worried

No, I don’t see anything suggestive of Herpes either - I think your results were accurate.

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site).

I will still be here to answer any related follow up questions you may have.

Many thanks.

Dr. Ben and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you