neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

X-ray normal but cant see the bottom unidentified - can

x-ray normal but cant see the bottom unidentified - can shadowing be normal ?

Hello -

Yes, that can be normal.

It can be from the diaphragm itself.

Sometimes there can be fluid in the bottom of the lung area that obscures it as well, but then the xray would have mentioned a possible "pleural effusion".

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
yes I asked if they thought there was any fluid and they said no that would have been spotted on the x-ray. So it could just be the shape of my diaphragm - wouldn't they have just said that or is it a case of sometimes it doesn't show up clearly ?

If it is just the diaphragm, they aren't going to mention that on the xray, as that would be "normal".

It could be from underinflated lungs (if you didn't take a deep breath and hold it).

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
is plumonary fibrosis quite unique in how it can show up
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
nothing is concerning them it was the same 1 year ago too

Then you don't have any significant lung issues. Pulmonary fibrosis can be seen with significant scarring throughout the lungs on the xray.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
would other 'nasties' show up differenlty or be quicker to progress ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi are you still there ?

Most serious things would show up differently on the xray.

And if there was something suspicious, your doctor would be ordering a CT of the chest.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok thank you very much thats reassuring

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can i ask you one more question please ?

Sure.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can the pressure in my chest be down to either anxiety or GERD - i have a few symptoms of pain as food is going down sometimes, iron/sour taste in my mouth, sometimes excess salivia so I'm being referred for that - if you have very good oxgen output then its unlikely the pressure or slight imaginery shortness of breath could be GERD or anxiety ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
sorry that the shortness of breath would be coming from the lungs ?

This sounds like GERD.

Shortness of breath could be coming from the lungs, but given your normal xray, probably is not lung related.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok thank you so much and one one final one !.. mild LVSD, that can be halted with an ace inhibitor and good lifestyle ?

Yes, if it is mild, then ideally it would not progress with medications and changes in your diet and exercise.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
so its not a death sentence

No it is not.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok thank you becuase Dr Google can be an awful place - its reassuring to know people can stablise and maintain good health

You're welcome.

Yes, Dr. Google scares everyone. Best of luck to you.