DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have contact dermatitis on my hands, eczema on my arms and

I have contact dermatitis on my hands, eczema on my arms and now a rash all round my neck and face which is hot to touch and I'm not sure exactly what that is
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I've had eczema ever since I can remember, it went away for about a year and came back around a couple of years ago, the dermatitis I've had for around a year and this face/neck rash has appeared in the past week
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I dont think so but about 3 years ago I put a face mask on and had to go to A&E because it made my face bright red and itchy, painful bumps on my skin and my face was very swollen, i was given steroids to take for a few weeks

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you please attach a picture for review?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have a few pictures if that's ok. That's my face and neck
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Other side
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hand
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Right hand
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Left arm
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Other

For how long you have this rash?

Do you have fever?

Is it itchy or painful?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Apologies for late response, I am at work currently. The neck/face rash has only appeared in the past week. I dont have a fever and yes it is itchy and sore.

Thanks for the details

This seems like a flare up of your eczema or dermatitis

You should take an anti-histamine like Cetirizine and apply 1% Hydrocortisone with Vaseline over it

If it does not get better in next few days then you will require oral steroids

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I take one cetirizine hydrochloride every day already and I will apply my steroid cream soon, just sometimes it really irritates my skin more so I only use it when I really have to. Thanks for your help

I think you need it now as it will help

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, will do