Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My son is under a consultant and is allergic to - All,

Customer Question

My son is under a consultant and is allergic to - All nuts, lupin, egg, melon, banana, strawberry, peas, lentil and birch pollen. His consultant thought he may have oral allergy syndrome, and organised for food challenges for Peas, strawberries and bananas. He has skin prick tests for each and all results were high. He was not able to participate in the challenge. He has Asthma, borderline adrenal insufficiency and focal epilepsy. I am now wandering if there could be something else going on in his body?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Skin condition?
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: This is all of his medical history. He is 4 years old. He used to be able to eat peas, strawberries and bananas. As he has got older he has become more sensitive. He has had 3 anaphylaxis
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

it sounds like he has bad food allergy issues.

why do you think he has something else going on in his body

he has enough medical issues as it is.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I fully understand he has enough medical issues.....You really do not need to reinforce that point with me. I think it is odd he is allergic to all of these foods and am trying to understand what is going on. If there could be a reason as to why he is so sensitive
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is this an area of expertise for you?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

we don't know why some children have severe food allergy symptoms and other children don't

it could be due to genetics or development issues

have you tried him on a gluten free diet, no flour, no sugar, no pasta, bread diet?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have not tried him on a no gluten, no flour, no sugar diet. What would the reason for this be?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

these foods increase inflammation in the body

increased inflammation can cause the immune system to not work properly

he should be taking vitamin D supplements 2000IU a day which can help his immune system

elderberry syrup can help his immune system

these may help decrease his allergy symptoms

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you this is useful information. I really appreciate it. I will try this
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What are the causes for increased inflammation?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 15 days ago.

diet is the most common cause for increased inflammation in the body