neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I have a friend who had a hair folical test done for drugs &

Hi I have a friend who had a hair folical test done for drugs & alcohol result was 0.03% for cannabis & 0.01 for alcohol & she doesn’t know what it means, so my question is- is this a pass or fail? Thanks Vikki
Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: yes & they took sample of her hair & blood test too tests were for misuse of both alcohol & drugs
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Only that she does have a hormonal growth/sist in her neck gland

Hello -

That sounds like a "fail" for cannabis, but this depends on the specific measurements and the cutoff values for whomever they are testing for.

Here in the US, there are defined cutoff levels -- so if there is a trace amount of THC/marijuana, but it is under this cutoff level, then it is considered negative.

The fact that there was 0.03% THC/cannabis means that they did detect the use of marijuana over the past three months.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. How do we find out what the cutoff level is for the uk?

You could simply just ask to see the official results from the lab itself -- there will be the cutoff values listed on the report.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.