Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My son has has an excision of exostosis right lateral thigh

My son has has an excision of exostosis right lateral thigh on 30th Oct. Procedure went well. He now has, after a week, developed swelling from thigh to ankle. No pain. Is this normal?
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Happened within the last 2 hours
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Any pain, redness or bruising?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Apart from where he's had the op, no

Then this is normal and nothing worrisome--just some fluid accumulation in the leg as a reaction to the surgery

He can keep the leg elevated as often as possible and it should resolve in a few days

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I thought as much but wanted a second, more qualified opinion! Thank you. He's doing well but not resting as much. He also has ibuprofen, which he's just taken

He'll be fine

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon at the top of this page so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I didn't want him to spend 4 hours an eande. Thank you for your help

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again