neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

Over the past two-three days i have been feeling seconds of

Customer Question

Hi over the past two-three days i have been feeling seconds of complete light headedness and also numbers over different areas of my body and also picking pains in my chest (mainly bottom right hand side but also over my left pictorial).
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: 2-3 days and no
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Expert:  neurosurg replied 3 months ago.

Hello -

How old are you?

Does this worsen with standing up?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yes but also happens while I’m sitting .

OK, thanks.

How old are you?

Do you have any heart issues?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m 18 and no.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not to my knowledge.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am now feeling a pinching pain down the left hand side of my stomach .
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think it worsens when I lie down .
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On my back .

OK, thanks.

This could be related to an issue known as "pre-syncope":

https://www.heartgroup.co.nz/Patient+Information/Cardiac+Conditions/Adult/Adults+-+PresyncopeSyncope.html

and in older people, this often can be heart rhythm related.

In a young person, this could be related to anxiety, or dehydration (which may lower your blood pressure), illness, medication reactions.

It's hard to correlate the lightheadedness with the pinching pain in the stomach, but certainly if you aren't feeling well, you could have more of these types of symptoms.

At 18, a heart rhythm issue isn't going to be likely, but should you continue to feel lightheaded (and are well hydrated) -- then speaking with your family doctor would be helpful.

If you can test your blood pressure during these episodes of lightheadedness, that also would be helpful for your doctor to evaluate.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I also receive these periods of extreme tiredness where I cannot even keep my head up .
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My body feels completely weak at these times.

Perhaps discussing this with your doctor would be a good idea, to get your blood pressure/heart checked out.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!