Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I woke up with a “ball” in my mouth. It is a bit painfull

Good morning. I woke up with a “ball” in my mouth. It is a bit painfull aswell. Is there any chance to send you a picture of it?
Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: no swelling. I have pain where the “ball” is
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a cyst infected surgery last week. The wound is in the process of healing

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today.

Yes, please attach the picture with this thread.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is it
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Where the light is

Thank you, ***** ***** seen the pictures.

Looks like gum inflammation, I will suggest that you start on Chlorhexidine and saline rinses 4 to 5 times a day, eat or drink cold liquids and semi solid food. Start on an anti-inflammatory like Tylenol, two tablets every 6 to 8 hours for 3 days.

This should subside itself. If it gets bigger or more painful, then it might be getting infected and in that case, oral antibiotics will be required.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Why is this happening?

Thank you for your response.

Usually happens in response to trauma due to brushing or while eating something that may have been hard, etc. It can also happen if you have bad oral hygiene.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Mm.. this is not the case. Ok. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Best regards.