Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

My children aged 2 and 8 might have consumed mouldy bread

Hi,My children aged 2 and 8 might have consumed mouldy bread yesterday.Can it harm them?

Thank you for requesting me here and I will be back to you shortly.

Hello...I understand your concern.

I am sorry to say that there might be some diarrhea and vomiting which you need to be on the look out for.

But I can assure you nothing serious or life threatening here please.

Unless there is low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.

If there is diarrhea - I suggest you use zinc supplements (elemental zinc 20 mg once daily for 14 days) & ORS (Each small packet mixed in 200ml of potable water and keep giving sip by sip) as hydration is very important and crucial part of treatment. If there is vomiting you can use tablet Ondansetron (as prescribed by your physician).

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How long would it take to show symptoms? It was probably about 24 hours ago, no symptoms till now.
Usually it can take 24 hours to 72 hours.

But if they have not had any symptoms till now I think you can be almost certain that they are not going to have any problem please.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you very much Dr. Sumanth.
May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please!
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Happy to help anytime!