Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a wound I would like to know if it is in good state

I have a wound I would like to know if it is in good state and what I have to expect
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I m going every day to a nurse in order to change the dressing. I m not taking medications at the moment
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: No medications
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Could you please post a picture of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I send you a picture?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is the wound
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Other POV

Got them--hold on please

When the dressing is changed is the wound itself treated with any physical cleaning it out and is anything applied to it before it's dressed?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yes. Water first and then flaminal forte

And how long has that been done?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I had surgery the 25th of October

The wound looks in very good shape

No ongoing infection right now and good granulation tissue (healing process in the floor of the wound)

You're going to need the cleaning and dressing changes for at least another two weeks but I think the wound is well on its way to healing and closing

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
First thing thank you doctor! Is there anything I can do to help the wound to get better quickly? I am working as a waiter, can I go to work?

You can go to work--no harm with that

I'd suggest these supplements

Vitamin C, vitamin A, zinc, and selenium

Those all promote wound healing

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you doctor!!!

My pleasure--any time

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon at the top of this page so I can get credit for my time with you