Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have severe restless legs. Cant sit down and rest,

Hi, I have severe restless legs. Cant sit down and rest, difficult to drive, just an awful thing that my husband just does not understand. Do you know if the meiicare foot strap would work. Thank you
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Leg jerking, spasms in legs, cant concentrate, not good to drive with. Makes me very very sad and dread trying to get through each session of it when it happens. I take pramipexole.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the spasms?
Customer: Yes she said it was rls.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I get depression.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
yes please

I understand your concern - but I am sorry to say that foot straps may not be 100% effective. There are medical case control studies to prove them as effective.

You might feel better if you:

●Do activities that keep your mind alert during the day, such as crossword puzzles

●Get moderate regular exercise

●Massage your legs (or have someone massage them)

●Apply heat to your legs with heating pads or by taking a warm bath

●Avoid taking medicines that can make RLS worse – These include antihistamines like Benadryl.

The diagnosis is made by history and does not require additional testing, except for an assessment of iron stores in all patients and blood urea nitrogen and creatinine if renal impairment is suspected. Any potentially causative or exacerbating medications should be identified.

May I suggest you discuss this possibility with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani