Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I'd like to know that is it possible to use Ketoconazole

Hi, I'd like to know that is it possible to use Ketoconazole Shampoo 2%(showel gel) while also using Canesten 1% (Clotimazole)? I'm having fungal skin infection, like ringworms on arms and legs
JA: The Dermatologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long have you been using ketoconazole? Any improvements so far?
Customer: i've been using it for about 1 week, some spot gets drier but none gone, and still some more spots coming up. Thanks!
JA: Have you seen a dermatologist about ringworms?
Customer: I've went to see a GP and she prescribes me the Ketoconazole shampoo
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Yes, I am allegic to Penicillin, and the only pill I use right now apart from Ketoconazole is Yasmin contraception pill.
Hi.Welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Yes there you can use the shampoo with Canesten cream.There is no harm.
I hope it helps!
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have.
If you are satisfied please CLICK the stars on the top of your screen to rate me.
This is the only way I get compensated .
I appreciate it!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks! I'm also wondering how long does it normally take for this to be gone. The GP I went said it should be clear up within a week but it doesn't see to be gone for me. And I'm not sure the ringworm as in my case should go to a dermatologist clinic or should I continue with these medications and see
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This is the current pic