How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

I suffer with depression and anxiety and I feel I am unable

Customer Question

I suffer with depression and anxiety and I feel I am unable to cope
JA: The Psychologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When did the depression start? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I have previously been on medication but not for maybe 4 years
JA: How have you been sleeping? Any insomnia or other issues?
Customer: I am sleeping okay
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I recently found out my grandad has suffered with Bipolar and depression for many years
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry about your granddad and your depression and anxiety symptoms

do you have a GP primary care doctor?

you need to see a doctor to get started on some medications to help your anxiety and depression symptoms

you need to see a psychotherapist regularly as well.