Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I would like to get an advice regarding my extreme flushing

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I would like to get an advice regarding my extreme flushing and blushing. I am 26 and been struggling with that for years now. I have tried multiple creams that I bought whether online or from pharmacy and nothing seems to work. The only cream that has ever worked 100% was one cream that I bought online for after-exercise redness. That cream gave me a very strong cooling sensation and also it was giving me a very mild itchy sensation. I didn't mind that at all because I felt that I finally found something that works! Unfortunately they stopped selling it. I am hoping whether you know about some cream that has a same or similar effect on skin? Thank you in advance. Ivona
JA: The Dermatologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. When did the redness first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I am not sure when but I started being aware of it maybe 6 years ago. I have tried medication like propranolol for example and beta-blockers but I wasn't feeling well after taking them. Also my GP prescribed me one cream for rosacea that seems to work but only for a certain amount of time and the problem is that I can apply it only once per day
JA: Have you seen a dermatologist about the redness?
Customer: not yet. I asked my GP to refer me to dermatologist but for some reason he didn't do it yet
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 days ago.

it does sound like you could have rosacea

what where the ingredients in the cream you used for post exercise for your skin?

if you still have an empty tube of it, you can look at the ingredients of what was in it.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
yes I have it with me now..perhaps I can send you the photo of the ingredients?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 days ago.

of course

do you see the "add file" or upload file link?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
yes
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 days ago.

I see.

I think you have rosacea.

you may need stronger steroid creams or rosacea creams from your primary care doctor or dermatologist.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The problem is that my facial skin is not constantly red. It’s extremely red when I get into the hot room, when I drink alcohol or when I’m stressed or embarrassed. Do you think that it still could be rosacea even though my skin is not constantly red?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 days ago.

rosacea flushing are often triggered by those things.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I see. But do you think there is any sort of cream out there that might have a similar effect? As the one that I described above
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 days ago.

https://int.hansaplast.com/articles/sports-and-activity/cooling-gel

they sell over brands of cooling gels post workout

https://www.aveda.com/product/14593/47417/body/aromatic-nourishing-oils/cooling-balancing-oil-concentrate?gclid=Cj0KCQiAno_uBRC1ARIsAB496IXghHDzwMnMwWVTGFIcvTOozh04OJZUMn7UItOOaoG3iHjgA-rbF8AaAhRAEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#/shade/.24_fl_oz%2F7_ml

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 days ago.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com