Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I’m just having another problem with my nose. It feels clear

Hi. I’m just having another problem with my nose.It feels clear to breathe. But at the back of my throat towards nasal area it’s feeling inflamed and sore. I can feel mucas at the back. It’s just up from the dangle bit at the back of mouth. I have tried a nasal spray. Would you have any advice on this? It seems so odd as breathing through my nostrils is clear.
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
I understand your concern and by what you say I feel that you may be having a chronic post nasal drip.

The management options could be -

1. Intra nasal steroids like Mometasone given by appropriate technique for a period of 4 to 6 weeks.

2. Nasal spray like sudafed for short term.

3. Oral antihistamine like Claritin taken once daily in the night for 2 to 4 weeks.

4. Warm salt water gargling 3 to 4 times a day 30 minutes before food.

5. Tablet Montelukast 10 milligrams taken daily in the evening at 6:00 p.m. for a period of 4 to 6 weeks.

May I suggest you discuss these options with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes I did think this could be the case as there is also a little green mucas as well. I will use all the above and if it’s not clearing I will contact my doctor.

There would be nothing serious linked to anything like this would there ? I am a little bit of a worrier so would put my mind as rest.
There is definitely nothing to worry about any serious life threatening problems here and you can be rest assured about this. This is a very simple issue.

Be rest assured about this!

May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please!

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani