Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I have developed a heart rate of between 77/80. It is

I have developed a heart rate of between 77/80. It is normally between 50/60. What should I do?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Never had this but I take flecinade for AF which I very rarely hear from
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: No it just started this afternoon
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don’t think so
Hi. I need some further information from you. Is your pulse regular or irregular? What are the meds you take? Any other medical problems besides a fib? Are you short of breath? Your age?
Are you there? Can you answer my question so I can help you?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Pulse regular. I’m 85 yrs not breathless. Take fleacainide acetate for AF
Are you in chronic a fib? If you have been in a normal sinus rhythm and the rate has just increased, then you could be back in a fib. The pulse may seem regular to you but the only way to detect new onset of a fib is with an ekg.
You need to have an electrocardiogram to see if you are back in a fib.
Do you follow me?
Haven’t heard from you. Do you have questions? You need to see a doctor for an ekg. Ok?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. I have made an appointment to see my gp
Great.